Artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Track: Scar Tissue
She’s leaving tomorrow and I’m getting scared as shit
Hold onto your heart, little girl.(via feministfeels)
A letter to my little sister— What I wish I had known when I started college
1. The first few weeks are a whirlwind. Everything is fast and intense but it is not permanent. You may meet people and swear they will be in your life forever, only to find out in a month that you have nothing in common. Friendships, relationships, falling-outs, they all happen in a flash. They will be bright and intense but they also will fade. Your first few weeks are not a tattoo. You don’t have to stay the person you were.
2. If you don’t feel like doing something, “I don’t want to” is the only explanation you need.
3. Try new things now before you get busy. Otherwise, you’ll spend the next four years wishing you had gone rock climbing, or done goal patrol, or tried X-Fit.
4. You can say no. You can say no. YOU CAN SAY NO. You can get up and leave, you can kick him out of your bed. You don’t have to make him happy.
5. If you have any sort of relationship with someone, and you feel like you can’t talk to them about something, if there’s something you want to ask but you feel like you cant— don’t ignore that. It means something. Someone who cares about you will make you feel comfortable.
6. Never go anywhere if you don’t know for sure how you will get home. And put emergency numbers in your phone just in case.
7. Do not be afraid to ask for help. Go to a professor’s office hours. Talk to your RA. Call 911 if you are really afraid. But don’t keep it to yourself.
8. Don’t try to make meaning out of things as they happen. Don’t think, ‘will these friends be the ones by my side at my wedding?’ ‘is this the person i end up with forever?’ ‘is this what i want to do for the rest of my life?’ things can be beautiful and meaningful without lasting forever. Appreciate things for what they are. They don’t have to be something more.
9. You can always, always call me.
One year ago I was the most important person in your life. Now it’s like I never existed.
The real Anastasia once wore a dress almost exactly like the one Anya wears in the last scenes of the movie. This same dress was seen in Anastasia (1956).
last night a guy said to me “you are very, very pretty” and i said “i know” and he said like patronisingly “you KNOW?” and i said “you think you’re the first person to ever compliment me?” and he didn’t know where to go from there
"This leaves men confused and unable to pigeonhole you. What they are forced to do instead is… take you seriously."
Reblog every time.
You know you live a stable life when you take your painkillers with a shot of vodka